The Batwa cultural experience was created by the displaced Batwa pygmies to educate their children and to share their amzing heritage and traditions with the world.
A day spent with the Batwa gives you the opportunity to enjoy the following:
- Hike in the forest with the people of the forest. You will have a Batwa guide and he will provide you with the chance
to see the forest and its habitants through their eyes.
- See how they lived and hunted in the traditional manner. Enjoy trying out your hunting techniques as the Batwa teach
you how to shoot with a bow and arrow.
- Visit a traditional Batwa homestead and learn from the women how to prepare, cook and serve a meal. You will also
have the opportunity it sample the dishes.
- Talk to a medicine men and learn about the medicinal properties of the forest flora.
- Hear ancient legends and traditional songs.